December 4, 2012
Rev. Lea Chapin interviewed: America’s Caregiver Empowerment Strategist,™ Carolyn A. Brent, MBA is the author of number one bestselling book Why Wait? The Baby Boomer’s Guide to Preparing Emotionally, Financially & Legally for a Parent’s Death.
Why Wait? is a guide for family caregivers and aging parents. As a speaker, she travels throughout the United States lecturing about the importance of adult siblings and parents having what she calls “crucial conversations” in preparation for the end-of-life issues they may face, so that instead of being torn apart, they can come together as a strong family. She is committed to enhancing the lives of family caregivers and their aging parents throughout the world.
Today’s show is a tribute to all who have lost their parents including Lea’s mother Patricia Reeves on November 28, 2012. Lea’s family will miss her dearly as she was a loving and nurturing mother and grandmother, as well as a surrogate mother to many who were orphaned without mothers.
Carolyn will be celebrating her 56th birthday on January 6. Hence the title of her new book “Fifty Six with a Six Pack” (Total Fitness) My Journey Towards Health & Wellness Post-CareGiving.
How were you able to pick up the pieces in your life Post-Caregiving? (Grieving, self-worth, forgiveness, learning to love me.)
- How to get your Health, Fitness, and Wellness back.
- What was your process towards achieving mental and physical wellness.
- How have you discovered yourself again.
- What is the importance of being able to “Just Say No?”
- How important is “Loving Me?”
- What about the Emotional, Financial, Legal aspects of self wellness?
- How did you develop a good support system?
- What inspired you to change your eating and fitness habits?
- What are the results of your eating plan and fitness regime?
- How dose incorporating spirituality help achieve wellness?
- What are the benefits of sharing your story?
- What recommendations do you have for Caregivers’?
LIVE every Tuesday at 3 pm EST (USA).
About the Book
Why Wait? The Baby Boomer’s Guide to Preparing Emotionally, Financially and Legally for a Parent’s Death is a handbook that can spare caregivers and their families the stress of conflict at a time of grieving and loss. It provides an opportunity for them to mend fences and renew the connection and communication they once enjoyed with each other. Visit CareGiverStory.com A Free resource portal
Support the Project
A Caregiver’s Story is a nonprofit and a labor of love. An endeavor of this magnitude requires much commitment, time and resources to operate to its full potential. Please consider making a donation to support this worthy cause. To make an immediate donation, click the Donate button below and enter your donation amount.