How To Spare Caregivers and Their Families the Stress of Conflict at a Time of Grieving and Loss
Thursday, July 26, 2012, 8:00 am Pacific, 8:00 am Mountain, 10:00 am Central, 11:00 am EST, 12:00 pm Atlantic, 5:00 pm Zurich, 6:00 pm Istanbul, Dubai 8:00 pm. Carolyn A. Brent, MBA, , author of the number one bestselling book Why Wait? The Baby Boomer’s Guide to preparing Emotionally, Financially & Legally for a Parent’s Death, discusses “crucial conversations” in preparation for the end-of-life issues families may face.
Why Wait? The Baby Boomer’s Guide to Preparing Emotionally, Financially and Legally for a Parent’s Death is a handbook that can spare caregivers and their families the stress of conflict at a time of grieving and loss. It provides an opportunity for them to mend fences and renew the connection and communication they once enjoyed with each other. Visit CareGiverStory.com.
Topics Addressed in the Book
- What to Do When Your Parent Can No Longer Live Alone
- Moving Your Parent into an Assisted-living Facility or Nursing Home
- Emergencies, Life-or-Death Decisions, and Hospice Care
- Crucial Emotional Conversations
- Crucial Financial Conversations
- Crucial Legal Conversations
- Taking Care of Yourself When You Are a Caregiver
- Programs and Services to Help Caregivers
- Resources for Caregiving and Caregivers
Before we begin, here are a few instructions for listeners:
- If you have a question, press 5* on your phone.
- Directly after the interview, be sure to fill out the evaluation linked to your call-in instructions, especially if you want to earn CEUs.
- Please register at least 24 – 48 hours before the interview so we have time to send out the call-in information.
- If you’d like to listen to more of these tele-interviews, and your organization is not currently a subscriber, contact me with someone I can talk with about subscribing your organization so you can listen for free (except for the cost of your distance provider). Email info@ careerwell.org or call 415.312.4294
Last month’s Careerwell Speaker, Susan Chritton, emphasized the importance of personal branding. To get out her very targeted message clearly , Carolyn Brent, MBA, has chosen her title carefully. She is a “Caregiver Empowerment Strategist.” Carolyn is the author of number one bestselling book Why Wait? The Baby Boomer’s Guide to Preparing Emotionally, Financially & Legally for a Parent’s Death, which is a guide for family caregivers and aging parents. As a speaker, she travels throughout the United States lecturing about the importance of adult siblings and parents having what she calls “crucial conversations” in preparation for the difficult discussion of end-of-life issues they may face, so that instead of being torn apart, they can come together as a strong family. She is committed to enhancing the lives of family caregivers and their aging parents throughout the world. Welcome Carolyn!
CAREERWELL Live and Recorded Interviews with Industry Experts for Professional Development
About the Book
Why Wait? The Baby Boomer’s Guide to Preparing Emotionally, Financially and Legally for a Parent’s Death is a handbook that can spare caregivers and their families the stress of conflict at a time of grieving and loss. It provides an opportunity for them to mend fences and renew the connection and communication they once enjoyed with each other. Visit CareGiverStory.com A Free reGiver
Support the Project
A Caregiver’s Story is a nonprofit and a labor of love. An endeavor of this magnitude requires much commitment, time and resources to operate to its full potential. Please consider making a donation to support this worthy cause. To make an immediate donation of any amount via Credit Card or PayPal, click the Donate button below and enter your donation amount.