Across All Ages
DEEP BEAUTY International Blog Tour 2019
Today I have the great pleasure of being the host here in San Diego, California, USA on Day 5 of the Virtual Blog Tour of author Carolyn A. Brent, whose book, “Transforming Your Life through Self-Care: A Guide to Tapping into Your Deep Beauty and Inner Worth” is celebrating its big Worldwide book launch on May 8, 2019.
CAROLYN A. BRENT is an award-winning bestselling author and a National Physique Committee (NPC) Masters Women’s Figure Champion at age 60. She is an expert on both self-care and caregiving; she is the founder of Across All Ages and two nonprofit organizations, CareGiverStory Inc. and Grandpa’s Dream. Carolyn’s written works are in the Library of Congress the libraries of Harvard, Stanford, Johns Hopkins, and numerous other medical centers and universities.
Yesterday, Carolyn visited Krystala Marie’ in Sedona, Arizona, the USA where she interviewed Carolyn on the subject of debt, different body types/exercises and money/health connections http://bit.ly/2V8tJLP
BRENDA ADELMAN: Are there red flags we should look out for with our partners, family, and friends so that they are not hazardous to our health?
CAROLYN A. BRENT: Yes, this is the real truth about “red flags.” Never ignore the warning signs when you see them or when you notice sudden changes in your loved one’s behavior and or attitude that is harmful.
Also, it’s best practice to recognize when something in your relationship doesn’t feel quite right. You know, when you have that “gut” feeling, and it just will not go away? Which could be a tale-tell sign for you to start paying attention to what’s happening in your relationship, and get your head out of the sand!
When you do face your fears and your concerns—just remember to keep it real, by analyzing the situation first before you have that heart-to-heart, and “drama” a free conversation with that special person.
It doesn’t matter if it’s a spouse, partner, family member, or friend. Having that “crucial conversation” may help save your relationship. Many situations are different and may require a third-party professional to get involved.
A wise man once told me, “When communication begins, frustration ends. And, the opposite is also true. “Frustration will end, once communication begins.” ~ My Dad
After conducting extensive research and interviews on this subject matter—the conclusion; I found the most frequently asked questions regarding relationships were about the big red flags. Some of the people I interviewed decided to work together on a compromise—and some had to accept the fact that some relationships are just downright wrong for them. Whether it is partners, family or friends.
A SAD BUT TOO COMMON STORY
The following is a list of the top neon warning signs to be on the lookout for. (no particular order).
- Lack of trust.
- When your partner will not fully commit to you.
- Treat you like a king or queen in front of other people, but privately treat you like crap.
- Realizing when emotional and verbal abuse is slowly creeping in your relationship.
- Always super critical of you, no matter how good you are to them.
- Feel a need to lie about everything.
- Super crucial about your appearance.
- Want to isolate you from your loved ones.
- They are forever placing a guilt trip on you every chance they get.
- They are emotionally poisoning your health & wellbeing.
- They don’t trust you, even when they do not have a reason not to.
- They are always living in the past and forever looking in the rearview mirror blaming the world about everything.
- Never see goodness in anyone, places or things.
- Super negative about life.
- Blame childhood experiences for bad behavior.
- They’re lack of fidelity in your relationship.
- They cheated on their last partner with you.
- Always blaming you as the reason for their cheating.
- Nothing makes them happy, because they are forever looking at the dark side of life.
- They are incapable of apologizing.
- Spending money they don’t have–on unnecessary items for themselves.
- Never take any responsibilities for their actions.
- They go into sudden, and unexpected rages on a drop of a dime.
- Hide your relationship from all public platforms.
- Pick a fight—just to leave the house.
- Never want you to meet their family or friends.
- They demand your passwords to all social media.
- They are forever disappearing and resurfacing with an excuse.
- They could be suffering from depression.
The following are four action steps...
- Let go of things you cannot change.
- Love yourself.
- Have compassion.
- Practice Forgiving, and move on if you must.
Get the juicy details in Chapter 2: Why Partners, Family, and Friends Can Be Hazardous to Your Health.
BRENDA ADELMAN: Why do we resist self-care and how much is too much self-care?
CAROLYN A. BRENT: Self-care is loving yourself, and it is never too much when it’s done in healthy ways. Self-care is saying, that you are important and then following through with consistent action.
I will be the first to admit that I used to be guilty of resisting self-care. Why? I had every reason you can imagine, and probably many of the same reasons most people have. I was far too busy. I did not have the time. I’d get around to it later. It was too expensive.
Here’s the truth: All my reasons seemed completely valid to me. My living expenses were enormous. I was a caregiver for my dad. I had a demanding career in the pharmaceutical industry. I had very little spare time.
And here’s the other truth: All my reasons were completely false. The real reasons why I resisted self-care ran much deeper.
That’s what I talk about in Chapter 4: Why We Resist Self-Care. When you realize that your reasons for not taking care of yourself are deeper than the everyday excuses, your aha moment will come. Then you will eliminate the everyday excuses because you will absolutely want to wrap yourself in self-love.
Self-care is simply caring for yourself no matter what the cost. It is about putting yourself first. I’m not talking about being selfish. What I am talking about is understanding that you cannot care for others unless you care for yourself. It’s just like love. You cannot love someone else truly unless you love yourself.
BRENDA ADELMAN: What is the real connection between Health and Money?
CAROLYN A. BRENT: Staying healthy keeps you out of the hospital.
“I may be stating the obvious, but there is no way you can build wealth and increase your net worth if you’re sick. The foods you decide to eat and the amount of exercise you do will have a direct effect on your health. Eating right and exercising will not only keep you out of the hospital, but it will also keep you away from needing to take medications that usually have many side effects, possibly including fatigue (among other things that are counter to what you need to be on top of your game).” Learn more: Chapter 13: The Real Connection between Health and Money
I hope you enjoyed this interview with Carolyn A. Brent and that you’ll check out her book on May 8, 2019:
Join us on the 2019 International DEEP BEAUTY Telesummit: May 6th, 7th & 8th Details here: http://bit.ly/2W3K69a
Transforming Your Life through Self-Care: A Guide to Tapping into Your Deep Beauty and Inner Worth”
30% DISCOUNT OFFER OFF LIST PRICE PLEASE ORDER USING THIS CODE: RLFANDF30 978-1-5381-2084-2 • Hardback $28.00 list price (discount price $19.60) 978-1-5381-2085-9 • eBook $26.50 list price (discount price $18.55) For more information, please contact our Customer Service Dept. at email@example.com or by phone at 800-462-6420 ext. 3023.
Buy Direct from Publisher at their discount special.
Amazon Regular Price: https://amzn.to/2YqFQTj
Watch Carolyn’s Book Trailer… Click here!
Thanks for reading! Please share your comments and thoughts below. I love reading your feedback.
AND… be sure to follow Carolyn tomorrow when the next stop is back in Santa Monica, CA, the USA with Andrea Hylen on her other blog Heal My Voice, who will be interviewing Carolyn on the subject of Meditation, Self-care, and Daily life. To visit Andrea, go to http://bit.ly/2PeQsAk
Reviewed by The American Library Association… ℹ️https://bit.ly/2W21zzk
DEEP BEAUTY Wellness Retreat ™ Summer 2019